PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 320 CB reset guide
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 13:32
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have both the FCOM and the Unofficial Guide infront of me at the moment.
The Unofficial Guide states at the bottom of each page; " This is not an Airbus approved document and is provided for interest only. Use at your own risk."

The guide does exist. Obviously the FCOM is the first place to look and it states
On the ground, almost all computers can be reset, and are not limited to the ones indicated in the table
(3.04.24 P2)

The FCOM gives warnings as to which computers must never be reset, and limits inflight resets to those listed in the tables. It also cautions "Before taking any action on other computers, the flight crew must consider and fully understand the consequences.

The Unofficial guide has a procedure for resetting the HF radio; "Pull & reset the following CB - HA14". I can't find this in the FCOM, but would probably try it.

I am well aware of what can happen with CB resets. Anyone remember a B727 where the crew pulled the slat CBs and cracked a notch of flap to improve cruise performance. All OK until the flight engineer came back, noticed the breakers were out and reset them. Something about the aircraft rolling inverted and diving supersonically ?

Going through these threads I read of someone admitting to going into the avionics bay and re-racking flight control computers !!!!!

Obviously no substitute for controlled, up to date information from the manufacturer, which they take responsibility for.

Anyhow, I'm only an F/O. Captains decision to reset not mine.