PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening at Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 11:04
aviationadvertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I should quickly tap out a thank you for everyone from PPRuNe that has clicked in and taken a look at my article on Privatisation and how it is failing general aviation at Bankstown.

I have been receiving thousands of enquiries regarding the article and video, and its great to see the support from around the globe. Please keep passing the link on, as Im working to prepare a petition for submission to the Prime Minister and we need all the support we can. If you have not had a chance to sign my petition, please consider signing it, I need your support.

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Ben Morgan. Im 29 years old and I am an aircraft owner and pilot, and I live in Sydney. For many years, I have watched my family and others participate in aviation here in Australia, only to end up leaving it in disgust of the situation and more times than not - less a considerable sum of money.

I have watched industry leaders, associations, regulators, politicians and government throw the issues of aviation back and forth like a hot potato, always claiming it to be someone else's responsibility to fix.

Like many of you, I have also watched the horrific in-fighting and excess use of personal opinions and agenda's that each of these have bought to the table. The effects and results of which have been disastrous for everyone who participates in this industry.

It's time to get over the office politics and start working towards a viable future for aviation. It's time for the federal government to step up and take responsibility.

I don't know if I can effect change, but I will try. I am working to get a meeting with the Prime Minister, and Im not going to stop until we start to see something new happening.

If anyone can lend me any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

BEN MORGAN
aviationadvertiser