PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2008 CTC ATP Intake?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 16:27
cortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been out of touch with CTC for nearly a year now, so i have no idea what's going on in southampton exactly, however look at it from this perspective. One friend of mine was on the airbus for ctc's main partner and has been told he will not be required by the company after his 6 months are over (along with his course mates who were a mix of cadets and atp guys). They however will be the first to be given employment by the airline if and when they start recruiting again.

Another friend flies for another partner, and again his services are no longer required for this winter. Last i heard from him, he had no guarentees whatsoever about returning to the airline when things pick up again.

Next there's the enormous numbers of XL, futura etc pilots who are yet to find a job after their companies went under (trust me there are alot of them at the moment).

I'm not saying CTC won't place anyone with any airlines, but it will be a small trickle rather than a flood. I was in the hold pool for nearly a year before i found a job, and that's when times were good!!

If you get even the sniff of a job or even an interview then go for it, be it turboprop or jet.