PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 23:50
ODMEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They may be politically incorrect and slanderous if I were stating other than fact, however, the comments generally are fact.The proof is in the pudding- GF is falling apart.

MEA has restructured, got rid of 4000 employees closed offices cut routes and has made a profit for the last 3-4 years despite the termoil there.It has purchased all its own ac and standardised its fleet (which is why GF is getting ex MEA leased 332's). I'm merley using MEA as an example of how it can be done; MEA have a volatile political landscape to contend with which by rights should have been the cause of MEA's demise by now!!!

MANAGEMENT is the key word. GF has 'supposedly' done the same - where are the results? What is GF's excuse? BAH has been soley in control of GF for a year now-where are the results?

Please also do not play the racist card with regard to gender or origin. The male cabin crew as with ground staff are generally very poor operationally. Fullstop. Try and acknowledge the problem without becomming defensive.

GF has created all its own problems..not me(the pax), not the pilots, not the cabin crew...who else is there left?......think about it - who owns GF, Who runs GF?

I will always have a soft spot for GF I loved the airline and flying it. God knows I had plenty of choice from Sydney to EU and GCC and ME. Please dont misinterpret the intentions of my comments-If I didn't care I wouldn't bother posting.

GF could be so much better.

Oddy