PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC rating recommended minima?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2008, 15:33
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave the politics of changing the IR to follow it's natural course, which is something that some of us have been working on for a number of years now and know better than IO's guess about the way the wheels are turning. It is a slow process but one that is happening.
Bose, sorry but I am going to have a tiny moan.

I hate this business where the politicians tell us "dont worry, we have some plans up our sleeve, something just around the corner". It is patronising, and I am not convinced it goes down well.

Far better to keep everyone informed of whats taking place (unless there is good reason for it to be confidential, in which event dont refer to something you cant disclose in the first place), otherwise poeple tend to judge on past performance. I can understand IO's stance - as long as I have been flying, which is a very long time everyone has talked about an "easier" IR - the reverse has happened, so the the history aint good, and as long as I can recall someone or other was saying ah well, its all about to change.

Who was it that called wolf too many times (silly piggies) and in the end no body believed them.

In short if you know better how the wheels are turning then tell everyone, and if you cant, then say nothing - better to hold Pandora's box to yourself, rather than tell everyone that only you know what is inside, cse cynically if they never get a look they aint going to like you, and if they do get a look, but dont like what they see, they are going to like you even less.