PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2008, 14:20
Flintstone

Why would you want to work for JR...?
You're missing the point.

While very few crew with prior knowledge will join JR there are others who will. NJE is not the sole supplier of pilots, europe is full of them. They'll find enough people, perhaps even some of those frustrated fast track captains hired by Netjets. Several I know took a large pay cut on the understanding they would be in the RH seat for only a few months. The bills are piling up, they need to earn more money.

4Green. There's no denying JB made a success of White Concierge. The investors have seen that, will have made due diligence enquiries and now know far more about him than you or I do. As they tell you at indoc these people don't get rich by being stupid.

I say again though, what about the rest of the management team? Those who keep repeating 'I wouldn't work for him/them' just aren't looking at the big picture They've been canny in their hiring. Ex-NJE people with strategic knowledge and 'outsiders' with proven track records. They'll pinpoint NJE's weaknesses and work on them. Chaotic ops/catering/flight planning, money wasted making the same calls several times over.......you all know where a more efficient organisation could improve things.

I agree, their timing is questionable and it's highly unlikely they'll outgrow Netjets but as I said before they might still make a hole in the opposition's profits. Watching from a distance with nothing to lose either way is going to be entertaining.