PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Two Stripers.
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2001, 22:46
Waldo Pepper

Wink British Airways Two Stripers.

I think its a great idea that DEP's automatically get a third stripe on joining the company. Let's not stop there though. How about a pair of white gloves and a swagger stick. Perhaps if they were customarily piped aboard and garbed in a uniform that is so covered in lanyards and scrambled egg that it would cause an Albanian Rear Admiral to blush...perhaps then they'd get the respect that some of them perceive themselves to be missing out on.
I've just picked up on this through reading some of the other threads... I had no idea that some people's egos could be that fragile. Sorry to say this fellas, but the reason you may not be getting the respect you feel you deserve is because you probably act like the sort of small minded tosser who will NEVER get the level of respect you feel you are entitled to etc etc.
I can't imagine that many DEP's care much how many stripes they've got on their arm when they join. If they do...see the above.
Three stripes, in BA, is your reward for four years of undiscoverd crime. Four years loyalty to the company, and a little pay rise. It's not more than that, honestly.

Ooh, I can hear you sharpening up your pencils even now...

[This message has been edited by Waldo Pepper (edited 30 March 2001).]