PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 22:55
Flintstone

Originally Posted by No RYR
Enough to fill one hunderd aircraft... the magical number you need to start to make a profit.... (and this was before Flexjet got in again for a few years...)
Europe wide? I'd say there are easily enough people with the money to buy 'proper' shares who will not, for one reason or another, buy from Netjets. The trick of course would be bringing them all together under one umbrella. I would also query your number of 100. Fractional can and does work on a much smaller scale if the local conditions are right and any buyer that goes elsewhere is a sale lost.

Sure, Jet Republic's Lear fleet is hampered by performance and up/downgrade issues but for the owner who doesn't need to go to Samedan or New York you can bet they'll be cheaper. I can think of a number of NJE owners who fit that profile and it would be foolish to disregard that. Just remember who Republic's management team are. How much insider information on Netjets do they hold? You think people haven't raided the G drive before they left? What's a list of owners and their assets worth do you think?

Netjets blind spot has always been arrogance. It comes across in the way they treat their vendors (get the fbo staff onside for example and find out what the really think of NJE) and while it won't bring the company crashing down it has and will cost them business. Relatively little here and there but no company should be allowing that to happen.