PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's new staff travel policy from Apr.09
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 22:58
ExSp33db1rd

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Hunterboy

Well said, and correct. Once removed from the Staff Travel database you will not be able to travel at all. Period. because there will be no way of your getting tickets on any of the Interline agreement airlines, but their staff will be using their Interline agreements to take your seats on BA aircraft - Nice !!

Also, surviving spouses of previous employees are to be restricted to BA flights only, again no Interline, and only Economy seating, i.e. if a Captain or Senior Staff widow now enjoys the priviliege of applying for an upgraded seat, that ceases immediately upon the death of the serving staff member ( or previous staff member ) Not a lot of serving staff know that, but that will apply to them too, 'cos a deceased staff member immediately becomes a previous employee, and so the previous employee rules immediately apply to their surviving spouse.

Join the fight, if you are not already a member of ABAP pls. join and we have a battle about to commence. ( actually you don't have to join, anyone can give support. PM me and I will e-mail you back.

They're taking our banked Long Service concessions off us to, but allowing serving staff more free trips and the ability to change their "partner" every 6 months. (?? "partner" ?? !!! )

Sevenfourseven When your airline treats you in retirement the way BA are treating us - you may (?) begin to understand. And don't say it won't happen to you. NEVER is a long time in Politics.