PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 23:31
LEVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wait for the investigation to be finished

I do not agree with the conclusions some of you are reaching based on gossips and newspapers, and i think we should be very careful of what is said in the forum, we must wait for the ongoing investigation to be finished , only then we will know the real facts, and not a lot of crap writen by some tosser in a hurry to sell more newspapers.

A former MD pilot explained me today that the MD does take-off with no flaps (flpas 0 deg. but with slats deployed) and is normal operation , just some food for thought for those of you talking about the pilots forgeting to set the flaps correctly.

I am not saying the pilots are not at fault , i just D'ONT HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION to reach a conclusion as most of you.

FOR JUSTME69

Spanair has a outstanding safety culture and their crews are well trained, they stick to SOP's as i have never seen in any other company, just an example, they do 4 refreshers a year instead of the 2 that most of the operators do for their crews, that is in my opinion about why most spanish pilots wont think of pilot's error as the first cause of this particular accident.

LEVC