PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 30th Sep 2008, 10:34
hot_stepper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bizarre and worrying times indeed, and most interstingly the FTSE is everso slightly up at the moment but the December Index futures are still about 40 clicks down.

The dow is currently being priced at about +80 points on opening and I wonder whether the majority of the fair weather investors have jumped ship now and we're left with the more serious funds only.

Still I definietely think that the next two weeks are gonna be real make or break ones and if it ends up being break it will be the likes of nothing else, the collapse of banking infrastructure in the western world aka capitalism would have the hugest of impacts.... Funnily 15 years ago I would have found all of this extremely exciting but now with 2 mortgages, a 9yr old, a pregnant wife and working as a contractor it all seems extremely foreboding...... Ho hum, better look at pausing my PPL, stocking up on tinned food and maybe find a place where money isn't that important... any one know where they still use sea shells as currency???