PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 13:29
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beyond offering a hostie, ability to use blackberries and pricing comparable to NJE, what do Jet Republic offer that is unique? It only offers one aircraft type (inflexible for owners who need more or less capacity) and the aircraft has serious landing/TO restrictions that limit where the aircraft can fly (LCY is out of the question). I just found this statement on their website:

"When you need multiple jets or a different size aircraft, we’ll provide you with a selection from our extended fleet."

Does that mean that they will offer aircraft other than the Lear 60XR? Will that mean subcontracting out for larger/smaller aircraft when required? Will those operators provide the same level of high-class service?

Unless share prices are considerably less or customer service is considerably better (as they claim - an end-to-end concierge service), I don't see why someone would consider owning a share in a Jet Republic Lear 60XR vs. a NJE XLS or Hawker 800XPC (both of which can serve LCY).

What is the unique value proposition for the potential owner? Is having a hostie on a Lear 60XR really worth the lack of flexibility associated with the aircraft?

I wish them luck and I would like to see the operation "fly" because it will create jobs throughout Europe if it reaches it potential - plus, the Lear 60XR looks like a fun aircraft to fly. With that said, competing against an already entrenched and flexible NJE (i.e., fleet diversity) will not be easy.

Last edited by Iver; 29th Sep 2008 at 14:22.