PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 28th Sep 2008, 12:38
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Seat62K
I, too, am waiting to receive a refund from Ryanair and wonder if there are readers who can comment on just how long they had to wait (or have been waiting) to get their money back.
The one and only time I have bought a Ryanair ticket (a real cheapie STN-PIK-STN day trip, just to see what the FR experience was like), STN was fogged in in the morning. You can't buy an FR ticket for a same-aircraft return, so things started to get hairy when it looked like the aircraft taking us there was getting seriously delayed while the aircraft bringing us back was not. Eventually, it became obvious that we would misconnect at PIK, so I phoned FR to ask about cancelling (the queue at the STN ticket desk looked like it would be about three hours). After the agent had checked the facts of what I'd told her, she agreed to cancel and refund the booking, and all the money was back in my bank account three working days later.

If the systems are the same now as they were then, it sounds like any hold-up may well be in approving the refund, not in actually making it.