PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 10:46
Daifly

Erm, not wanting to really add much to the debate, but why would you launch a company a full 12 months before your first aircraft is due if you have all the money in the world to buy the aircraft? Wouldn't it be better to have the product in place, take a hit in year one on the revenue but at least have something that you've pumped up available to be used and tried?

What do you do with the customers who sign up in the meantime? Sub-charter them out? OK, so those customers get 12 months of experiencing that "most private jets only offer stale sandwiches and flasks of rubbish coffee...." before getting onto an aircraft which can't operate at the UK's most business-centric airport, LCY, and experiencing espresso and blackberry connectivity?

I too saw JB's interview on CNN and was surprised with the competition bashing marketing - not the way to go in our industry if you want everyone's support. To say that we're doing what NetJets do, at NetJets pricing but with coffee, a hostie and blackberry access just seemed a pretty negative campaign. It will be interesting to see how NJE respond - I can't think they're that bothered at the moment given that they've pretty much grabbed the majority of that market (not complacent, just not bothered at the moment).

Ho hum, I'm obviously never going to be a multi-millionnaire, I question too much. I need to have a "**** it, let's gamble" attitude...