PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 09:56
Dick Smith

Received 68 Likes on 27 Posts
Max, you are 100% correct however one person can only do so much.

Behind the scenes I have being doing everything I can about the airport situation and lots of other things.

However as stated on another thread, with Mike Taylor being renewed as transport head for another 5 years, I think we are doomed. Look at what he has presided over for the last 4 years. And remember during that time lots in the industry have attacked me and no one has criticised Taylor!

John Anderson was a disaster because he was completely under the control of the Department with no vision or policy of his own.

I have the time and ability to reverse the situation however to be successful I have to have the support of like minded people who are prepared to stand up and take flack from the very people they are trying to help.

It was the Transport Department bureaucrats who set the policy in train for our airports to be sold off however they are never identified or held accountable.

Have you ever seen Mike Taylor give an interview on what his vision is for Australian aviation? No - and you probably never will , because his training is in Agriculture and his knowledge of the real effects of the airport sell off would be virtually nil.