PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 00:04
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR

In order.

It is not a matter of 'beneficial to safety' - if you want absolute safety stay on the ground. It is a matter of ALARP and where the onus is carried - PIC or ATC.

There's lots of landing accidents - how about a tower at each CTAF to coach pilots in their approach?

Might have stopped BLA - doubtful, the radar coverage nearby is fairly poor. BLA has also been well covered elsewhere.

What do you mean about understanding IFR? What you are saying is no more or less than what I said. What I ASKED is at what point you expect ATC to stop holding your hand.

There is also the matter of TAAATS screen size due to the area covered and the number of blips, their proximity, and the approach points. From memory Armidale is masked because of the clutter.

I'm absolutely open minded. Yes, the procedure may just avert a fatality. Therefore, let Dick prepare a paper with appropriate safety case tailored to that proposition and circulate it for credible input and then submission. That's how it works out here, ego drumming on this forum is not a likely initiator of ATC change (or airspace change, or CASA Board change ..............).