PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industry outlook for Instructors????
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 15:32
Gearupandorrf

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question Industry outlook for Instructors????

Hi guys,

I'm due to walk away from my non- flying job early next year in order to train full time and qualify as a Grade 3 Instructor. Currently saving like mad as I'll be doing it debt free, plus getting all of the ATPL's out of the way in the meantime.

With all of the econimic doom and gloom facing the industry at Airline level right now, is this filtering down to entry level GA?

I'm worried that I may need to alter the timing of my plans, and would be interested in hearing your opinions.

One argument suggests that an economic slowdown will lead to less local (Australian) students taking up flying training. However, another argument can be made for the fact that India/ China/ Vietnam etc etc still need their new Pilots to be trained to CPL/IR level here in Australia.

In your experiences, what is the demand like presently for Grade 3 Instructors? Do you see this being adversely affected within the next 6 months because of the economy? I'll be close to 35 by the time I qualify- would potential Employers take me seriously as an applicant?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Cheers,
Gearup.