PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 12:08
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T28D,

I agree with your statments regarding change management, that is where I believe the greatest challenges lay, humans generally resist change.

IMHO the problems with the legislative framework are in essence minor, but due to so many half hearted stabs at fixing the problem ( rulings, exemptions etc etc ), without consulting the industry ( far too much reliance on OLC's tea leaf and Tarot card readings in my opinion, i.e WTF is interposed travel, have not seen that in the regs, what is a fixed terminal, we all know what it was twenty years ago, but you know, things change ? ).

The Senate hit the nail on the head stating the "Industry" does not know which way is up when dealing with some challenged individuals within CASA ( incidently there are many many great persons also within the organisation who are no doubt as frustrated as the rest of us ).

Having dealt a little with the FAR/AIM, would have to say I'm suitably impressed, for one no more ammendment.

Personal note: I am so sick a tired of writing or reading about these regs, still no relevant change/progress.

Anyone thinking of taking a Chief Pilot position for a Charter or RPT organisation think carefully, in the current environment it can be a soul destroying.

Last edited by Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower; 24th Sep 2008 at 04:01.