PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Plans (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 16:07
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only LAM and CLN SID's

I also live in London to be exact, i live exactly below the ILS for 27R and noise is not a Problem.. I don't know what pollution does to us but the noise is not much. I would like to see something like Atlanta in the UK, busy as that.. I seen the ILS on Airnav and there's like 15-20 a/c on 5 Runways ILS. As for moving an airport... That's going to make Heathrow ten times as worse as there will be no ivestment into the Airport.

I say just expand Heathrow so there's room to accomodate more traffic.
Atlanta has S P A C E. In London, there is little room in both airspace and on the ground but it can be done if done intelligently. However this is Britian after 10 years of Nanny Labour! Therefore it's a rather bigger ask than in other countries.
You are a Heathrow Fan clearly, and on a good day I can be too. However last Friday I had to sprint the full length of the domestic pier at T1, ( why I wasn't arrested for behaving suspiciosly I don't know, I mean FULL SPRINT all the way to Gate 8, anyhow I digress ). The security muppet forgot to take my piccy and so I therefore couldn't prove that I wasn't an asylim seeker from Africa trying to get around immigration by flying on domestically to Aberdeen.... I loved the lecture from mr Rude BAA Man that it was in my own interests to carry my passport when flying domestically as I am now forced to use the Mall on T1 as dedicated domestic search has been withdrawn.

You can't keep ramming so many passengers through without the proper investment. BAA has NOT invested as it was in their interests to sweat the retail assets rather than invest in proper passenger facilities. Hence the reason so many connecting passengers now use Schipol, CDG or Dubai.
Heathrow is not supposed to be a plane spotters / enthusiasts wet dream, it is supposed to be a functioning facility that gets me from A to B without fuss, not my local shopping nightmare.
BAA are trying to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Let's not let them.

Incidentally neither Clacton or Lambourne SIDS are routed over central London.......

Oooh forgot Tu-134 / TU154, Mercures (?) and Comets in the 1960s and onwards.....

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 21st Sep 2008 at 16:26.