PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash In Bettystown Ireland
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 23:01
darrenphughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I don't see any mention of an R44 (R22 would be more appropriate)
What the are you talking about?
Why would it be more appropriate? Who ARE you????
If you actually read the context of the statement instead of jumping in feet first screaming at people, you'd see that they were saying that there was barely room for a little R22, never mind a helo the size of a S76.

If you talk to people in the real world like this I can guarantee you now that nobody, and I mean nobody ever actually listen to you. They probably just stand around saying, "ooh here comes Farrell with his big crazy head"!!!

What causes are you talking about? Do you want to head off to Bettystown and tell the investigation team about that?
Third time: YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE CAUSE IS!

With regards to theories.....who gives a toss about them? They are irrelevant and a waste of bandwidth - especially if they are so far out there that I can watch them heading off for days.

The pilot doesn't need your theories, the investigators don't need them, the people paying for this site don't need them - Jesus, you don't even have a personal title - you get to spout off for free!
Nobody on here are claiming to have all the answers, but their informed theories and educated guesses(aided by researching certain things like google earth for example) can give some insight into what happened. Why do we all want to know what happened?? I'll answer for myself here; Because, as a pilot I feel that knowledge is power. It gives me the tools to apply the last guys mistakes to my equation when it comes to my own flying, hence reducing my own risk and making the skies a little safer.

I think a certain amount of speculation is healthy in this realm. Since I joined here and VR 2 years ago as a student pilot working to become a CFI and Professional Pilot I have used these sort of topics to enhance my knowlege by taking into account informed speculatory posts and discarding the posts that do not add up. I have listened to many Professional Pilots from both the Civilian world and the Military and learned from their stories and mistakes. I have also learned from people discrediting both my own & other peoples theories using sensible language and statements, and not just coming out swinging.

If you have a problem with speculation then thats your problem, as this industry is rife with it, be it a good thing or a bad thing. Even the top guys use speculation based on their prior knowledge. Take for example, Greg White who wrote Fatal Traps for Helicopter Pilots. While almost all his case studies show just the facts, there are quite a few where he or others speculate as to the events running up to the accidents in question. This is how we learn.

Some of the people on here may be Sim fliers and many are Professional Pilots. I suggest you show some respect to all of them, as you'll find that most of them have a great deal more experience and knowlege than you.