PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 20th Sep 2008, 17:53
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I do use current ERCs but the problem is with all the practice exams. Some require TACs (no longer permitted in the exam) and some refer to non-existent reporting points/airways (like the one I bought 4 days ago which refers to PONAN (out of DN), Y19 (PH - AD), Y118 and W109 (AD - MEL)). Not a big deal just annoying, next time I'll check the copyright date (I accept some blame but seriously, the folks at Western Airmotive should be ashamed to have an 11 year old ATPL FLP book on the shelves, at least mark it down for clearance or something).

On an another matter I've got a 5 point PNR question I'd like to bounce off of somebody. Having studied AFT notes I'm really butting heads with some Rob Avery answers (and I just cannot understand his methods). For example I got a dist to PNR which was right in the middle of two available answers. No matter what I did to tidy up nothing really changed so I reasoned a guess (wrongly). I was 24 nm off one way and 26 the other way and there's nothing I can see that would have changed my answer other than simply selecting a different initial guessed PNR to change my EMZW and on and on and on. It's 2 am and I am so sick of that damned blue book (mostly I am annoyed because I really feel like I understand the subject).

So yeah, if you'd like to try a 5 point PNR I'd be more than happy to PM it to you. (Besides, I think that copyrights expire after 100 years so this book hasn't got long left. Project Gutenburg here I come.).

~FRQ CB