PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 17:01
carbis22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greatoaks,

this is what I was trying to say, where are XL france and germany in all this, even if you had been provided free carrige to paris, cdg, and had to make your own way from their, alot more availability from CDG and probably at alot lower cost.....

Why was Xl leisure boasting a 2 billion profit in nov 06, and less than 2 yrs on, alledging 140 million in debts, why is xl germany and xl france ok??

Dont get me wrong I truly feel sorry for all the crew and pilots, whoever will have financial loss from this sudden onset situation, however some serious questions need to be answered here?

The CEO will probably be financially ok, two more airlines to run, someone like an investigative journalist needs to dig deep to find out more, as quite frankly it stinks, alot!!

You along with people that have lost their jobs and income, should demand more answers?? and have every right to be angry and demand the explanations you are entiitled to.

Why is their no official gov law, that the alledged 3rd biggest charter airline does NOT have to have ATOL coverage?

And having read some of these posts, i.e one pilot stating he still has NOT officially been told he is unemployed speaks for itself, its a disgrace of a company, better of out of business, and you folk are better of finding new employment.
It just was not done in a very nice way, XL at best was a one hit wonder airline, once tried not many go back, shocking...

Sorry if this is an unpopular post, we are all entitled to our say, and do honestly feel for all involved.