PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 18:04
EGHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand it, as soon as you're told not to turn up to work any more you are redundant. I think the administrators or the liquidator are supposed to hand out the relevant information - it didn't work like that in my case though. If in doubt I'd recommend checking with the CAB.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Redundancy and Insolvency - Guide for employees says:

6. What is redundancy?

You can get a redundancy payment only if the reason for your dismissal is redundancy. This means that your dismissal must be caused by your employer's need to reduce or no longer employ his or her workforce. Redundancy may happen because a workplace is closing down or because fewer employees are needed for particular kinds of work or because the employer is insolvent. Normally your job must have disappeared. It is not redundancy if your employer immediately takes on a direct replacement for you. It usually will not matter if your employer is recruiting more workers to do different jobs or to work in another place.

You are entitled to a redundancy payment from your employer if:
  • you are an employee who has been made redundant, and
  • you have at least two years' continuous service with your employer, and
  • you are aged 20 to 64.
If you are 65 or over, you will not be entitled to a redundancy payment. You may still be entitled to compensation for notice pay, unpaid wages or holiday pay you are owed.

If your employer is insolvent, he or she will not be able to pay you. So you can claim the money from one of the Insolvency Service’s Redundancy Payments Offices using the yellow RP1 claim form at the back of this guide. We may also be able to pay you all or some of any unpaid wages and outstanding holiday pay. If you did not receive the correct notice of dismissal, we may be able to compensate you for that.

If your employer is not formally insolvent and has made you redundant without paying you a redundancy payment, then you may still be able to claim a payment from us. By law in these circumstances we can only pay you redundancy money. We cannot make other payments such as unpaid wages, holiday pay or compensation for not receiving proper notice.

This guide tells you what you can claim, how to claim it and the conditions that apply. It also explains what to do if you disagree with us about how much you should receive.