PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 16:02
dalmation67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to thank Bladepilot for his thread regarding news coverage of the 'poor PAX' who have been left stranded following the demise of XLLG UK, and actually thinking of the staff.
Being a former employee of what I regarded to be a truly dynamic company, I am truly sorry for these poor people, however no-one in the media has spared a thought for the 1700 loyal Employees who are now unemployed following a bolt out of the blue, that their company has gone bust after being given false hope by 'Top Management', and I use the word 'top' very loosely, that all was well and refinancing negotiations were going 'positively' with no set timescale to meet!!!!
We are all now left picking up the pieces of our lives and frantically wondering how or where money is going to come from so that mortgages will be paid etc

As for Mr Wyatt being devastated about the loss of his company perhaps if, as rumour has it, he hadn't pushed his luck with the financiers and accepted their terms. Maybe XL would still have been operating and their fabulous on time stats achieved for the Summer 2008 been ongoing!!
Once a barrow boy always a barrow boy.........with illusions of grandeur!

I wish all former colleagues within XL, especially within the airline every luck in the world in finding employment quickly and pat yourselves on the back for being part of what was, until Friday 12th Sept'08, a very successful and dynamic airline
My thoughts also go to staff of other airlines who have also had to go through this, Zoom, Silverjet etc