PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotter/Aviation Analyst Breathless Thread
Old 12th Sep 2008, 11:20
Bolter152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Please don't pay a lot of attention to my English as I am not a native speaker...

Concerning the statement 'is this the end of lcc's?'
I'm sorry to be rude but it seems to me that you do not understand the difference between a LCC and the management of a company.

I always have to laugh because of lines like mentioned in this threath's tittle. The 2 biggest LCCs in the world right now, Ryanair and Southwest, are also the most profitable airlines from the past years! And gues what, those 2 LCCs have the biggest savings account in the bank!

Concerning the fact that some airlines go bankrupt: Company Management people! If the management of your company isn't capable of coping with changing economical climats, well sorry then but 'bye bye'.

Is the market to little so the management can't do anything about it? Hello, rule 1 to manage a company: how will I survive above my bussiness opponents? What are my strengths and weakness and how about the other companies in the same bussiness?

In the 90ties, I believe, to little airlines managements didn't look forward enough, meaning 15 to 20 years. But people have learned, for example look at what Lufthanse is doing, or KLM/Air France.

So, please don't say something like 'oh boy, those LCCs again'. Firstly XL was a charter airline, they knew quite ahead what traffic loads to expect as they were already filling their airplanes in winter for flights in summer (a lot people book their summerholiday in winter) and yet XL wasn't capable to anticipate with their cost-structure... It think that's a shame, but hey, just my opinion right.

Have a nice day