PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 12:40
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some years ago, I witnessed the fallout of a cabin crew 'incident'. One of the flight attendants had enjoyed a passionate weekend in Sydney with a boyfriend. Come tearful time to go, how could she stop? So, on taxi out, she came up with 'I can smell smoke!'. Despite nobody else being able to sniff the meerest whiff she insisted she had been smelling smoke. that was it, 747 flight and hundreds of people delayed a night for technical reasons. She got her extra time with her boyfriend and obviously managed to leave at a later date.

So I am supposed to rely on an unreliable source from the cabin? When I have got a perfectly good flap gauge? And God forbid after this thread, we are going to have fools pelting up to the flight deck and hammering on the door 'flaps are not down!/'I can see ice on the wing!'/'have you seen that storm out west!'/'there's a panel open on the wing!'. No way, I wouldn't have it! It will be utterly ignored.
I do believe that you are insulting qualified professionals, the acts of one do not qualify the category...

PJ2 post says it all... I lost count of how many times the word training he used in the post... what will you be without the proper training?

Regards
AN