PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Glen Speaks!
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2008, 19:08
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmv2

When did you last speak to him face to face? probably back in 2002-3
Have you ever asked him directly to do anything for you? No, he has always been a fast jet man, I've always been on Multi
If so, what response did you get? n/a
When was the last time you sat in on a meeting between CAS and any member of the government so that you can say with some conviction that he just rolls over and does the politicos bidding? I've never sat in on such meeting, but I'm afraid that you have misse the point. My argument is that Torpey is NOT and is NEVER seen as a person who stands up for the thousands of men and women under his command. I have yet to hear him say a single word against the dreadful cuts that affect the service so much. And as I've said before, his handling of the Nimrod loss has been so poor, that he is an embarrasment, I suspect, to a great many in the service.
How many of you have been awarded the DSO? I DO NOT have a DSO, but so I will decline from commenting any further about the award. If you knew anything whatsoever about awards, then you would know what I mean.

The problem is that Glenn Torpey is NOT a good CAS. He IS a nice chap, infact a charming chap, but NOT a good CAS, and thats why people are giving him a roasting. You must know how bad it is in the service at the moment, and yet whilst the RN and Army chiefs are quite happy to say in public that the cuts are too much, our (or your) glorious leader sits fat, dumb and happy, saying nothing! Sad, but thats the fact.

Cazatou
I have refrainewd from putting it in big letters, but are you going to reply to my commenst or are you going to go 'deep and silent'??