PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 16:55
Green-dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xkoote,

Quote:
1. The ARt fire light and the slat takeoff light are clearly visible in daylight....when you are looking at them. They are not the glow in the corner of your eye type of light like the reverser unlocked lights for example. In a situation of distress you would not be able to answer the sim instructor's question if the ART fired or not if you were the pilot flying (come to think of it maybo you can as the sim is always dark )

It says here that the ART and slat lights are visible when looking directly at them, but not as bright as the TR unlock lights which are much brighter and (might I add) more than twice as big.
This goes to show how written text can be subject to interpretation. I honestly read "the glow in the corner of your eye . . ." to mean less brilliant than the ART fire light and the slat takeoff light as you explained they are clearly visible in daylight (when you are looking at them).

Thanks for clearing the issue, at least i have learned now that the TR unlock lights on the MD8x aircraft won't go unnoticed when they illuminate.

Regards,
Green-dot