PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 09:57
V-SFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is always interesting to read these posts from those that are not on the inside and compare them to what is actually happening.

In the short term, the aviation world has changed dramatically. Even though there may be a shortage of pilot worldwide, there is an oversupply both in America and Australia. The bargaining power simply may not be there at this point unless you are willing to move far away from home.

For me, it comes down to the job and the people I work for...do I trust them? Is it a job that I love and am I willing to do? Do I look forward to going to work, do I respect the people I work for, do I trust them to do the right thing. In my last two companies, the answer was simply...NO. I didn't trust them, they were dishonest, they used their employees and it was all about the mighty dollar...at all costs. Never mind the future, today is it.

I have been involved with V now for about 10 weeks. I must say that I have never been involved with a better group of guys, dedicated to the success of the mission. I just finished my B777 type rating and I have to say that it was the most enjoyable course that I have ever been on. My training partner was simply superb, my instructors top notch, and the Vaustralia training manager...simply the best that I have ever been associated with. No egos, no games, no "make it harder than it has to be", simply get on with the business at hand. I have now been with 5 airlines and without a doubt, the atmosphere at Vaustralia is the best that I have ever or could ever imagine.

I have run into some of the training fight attendants for the company that I have worked with at other companies and they are simply the best flight attendants that I have worked with. They see what I see...something different across the Pacific. Vaustralia will be successful because of the people and talent that they are hiring, not by screwing the people they hire.

So for now, I trust them to do the right thing by me. I respect and admire each and every member that has taken the risk to join this new airline.

The pay isn't the best, but at the end of the day, enjoying your job and being proud of the company you work for is worth alot. I am proud to say that I am a First Officer at V and I believe that at a minimum we are going to drive United out of the market and compete ferociously with Qantas on the route.

No more petty games, no more egos, just a bunch of hard working people ready to make a difference.

So sit on your "high horse" and talk about how bad it is at V,,,then come join us in the crew room and see how much we enjoy it. I wouldn't trade the experience for all the "tea in China".