PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 14:50
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Profit Max
You had the option when you bought a car, and still you went for the less safe option. If most people act like you, you can imagine why an airline that has safety measures that people are not willing to pay for, will go out of business. Therefore, the option is not there because there is no market for it. If you think there is a market, please go ahead and start your own airline and see how well you do with policies like "no plane will ever depart without working T/R", and how many more people will choose your airline because of this.
I never said that no plane will ever depart without working T/R. I said that if the safety would be less than 99.99999 the relevant authorities shall look at the problem. Airlines today are fined because they are cutting corners on safety and is not up to the airlines to judge if the benefits outweight the costs. What is making flight travel safe is because the same set of regulation applies to all airlines, and fortunately they cannot cut corners for the sake of money.

Any company that does not operate to the principle to weigh benefits against cost will go out of business eventually. "Professional negligence"? I suggest you stick to your dream world.
Better in my dream world that in jail
Anyway we are off topic, if you wish to continue the discussion you can PM me

AN