PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 13:23
Kerosine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also been getting a little confused. I thought you only started repaying the bond once you started earning. From what I can gather on this thread is that once your training is complete you have to start paying back the £££ each month!!! Really puts me in a bad situation at the mo. However I remember reading on the CTC FAQ that the last 6months of training in the UK you are given £1000/m. Is this for living allowances etc or to do what you want with it? could be a massive life saver to some people, as they could use it to pay some of the bond balance off.
You start to pay back your loan 2 years after starting the course regardless of job status. For the last 6 months of that 2 years you are paid around £1000 a month to cover living expenses while training. I'm someone in this position can correct me if any of that is incorrect.

I've been told that some people in NZ had got part time jobs, how true is this? Its a brilliant idea!
I remember this idea was floated a while back and apparently availability of time for a job can be a problem.