PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Loss of Pressurisation 25th Aug
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2008, 21:21
aeroDellboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this story whilst on a plane to LHR this morning (SLF). In the Daily Mail it seemed sensationalist and to be honest I skipped over it and did the Sudoku, then read the Independent later, where the story was covered quite well, balanced, no use of plummet, disaster or other such wording.

However, on page 34, 'The Big Question' - Is there any evidence that airlines are cutting back on safety? WTF...

The consensus seems to be that NO, airlines are not cutting back on safety, so why write the damn article?

I have never been in a depressurisation, and imagine it would be frightening. I was in a plane struck by lightning once, and whilst nothing happened, it was still disconcerting. The Captain made an announcement straight afterwards and reassured everyone. You expect the crew to get the plane under control and understand what they are doing before telling the passengers. FWIW I think the crew did a great job, and don't think it matters whether it is Ryanair or BA, when it comes to safety they all have the same aim.

I was on what appeared to be an ex BA Airbus in semi bmi livery... With a business class that we weren't allowed to use, bmi having decided that cattle class is all that domestic travellers need.