PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Float Rating
Thread: Float Rating
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 18:34
dash 27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats my Sh#t, Thats my Sh#t

Hello,

Welcome to the world of floats. The best decision in your life. Had the float career from wo to go, and no regrets. Took me all over the world, had a ball.

Search this forum, type in floats, seaplanes, float rating, google seaplane pilots association as they will list em all. But the most important thing you can do is do a rating with someone who will put you on as a line driver. There is nothing more useless than a bare float rating. It is nothing like a wheel endorsement, as float landings are the most important factor. And open water experience will see you with advantages for fiji and the maldives later on. There are good opportunities for low timers in the maldives now, but you will need to have had at least your first job in floats before you go. I had to wait my whole career to get there, but now with the shortage and wages that have not moved really since the late 90's with a declining american dollar, the local's have become more self sufficient, although they do take expats still. Some stay forever in floats, and others use it as a great way to get time to move onto somethin else. Once you have salt water and kero running through your veins, you will always have a place on floats to return to no matter what you do in the future.
And with global warming, what better type rating to have.

PM me if you need any more.