PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spy Plane intelligence 'lacking' - BBC
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 09:17
oldspook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discussion on the side about an RN Int Branch (or lack of). Melchett - your comment that '..creating a branch that is only filled on an ad hoc basis will never be a recipe for success' is dead right - but we were saying this about 20 years ago. At that time I was one of the (v small) RNR PI Branch - and would have been delighted to come back full time if there had been an RN Int Branch.

As it was that RNR Branch was disbanded and we had the option to integrate into the DIS Group, but I chose to come across to light blue in order to continue in the Image Analysis game (same job, same venue - that box in the fields in Huntingdonshire - different colour uniform). Even working in the Maritime shop.

Since then I made regular enquiries about getting an Int job back in Dark Blue - even as an FTRS which is where I ended up in the RAF. No go - despite the increased and welcome emphasison Jointery.

Trouble is - even light blue have looked on FTRS IntOs (even with the 20+ years of Jt Int experience) as rather peripheral characters!