PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce the new CEO of Qantas
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 03:22
Dale Hardale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely replacing the 767 domestically is going to get a far better return than flogging the 787 on low cost 'softening' (Dixon's words) international routes. So surely AIPA is actually talking in the shareholders best interests with this?
Keg,

I thnk this whole thing has much more to do with global issues in the context of getting the overall Qantas product down to a much lower cost base, rather than specific details of operating costs. This cost move is all the more imperative given the rising cost of Jet Fuel and the lack of hedging after 2009.

So I believe Qantas mainline in the future will be stripped of as much of the high cost components as possible, and these elements will be moved into the so called "low cost" vehicle.

Every one jokes about the fact that the Jetstar aircraft will be repainted in QF colours once this transformation is complete - but is it really a joke ?

I am not going to get involved in the AIPA or Jetstar pilot union discussions, just to say that I'm sure there are people on both sides who have very vested interests in the future as they see it.