PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2008, 13:26
flyingcamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe is a great place to be, I'm loving it for my first job. And it's not like the Q400 is a 'traditional' TP. It's packed full of gadgets and the only think conspicuously missing to me is an autothrottle. Can be pretty tricky to fly at times as it is rather speed unstable, and also the AFCS takes a little getting used to after doing an MCC/JOC on a Boeing sim.

As for a few years down the road, the Director Flight Ops is 'migrating' across to Easy so there may be a relaxing of the SSTR status for Q400 jockeys as JA knows only too well what it takes to fly the Q4. Also BA require 500 multi crew hours for an application to them (about 10 months flying at Flybe) if that takes your fancy. Also as mentioned before Monarch have a history of employing ex Dash drivers but their requirement is 2000hrs total. Many others to choose from as I'm sure in a few years the newly merged/taken over carriers will have settled down if you still want the airline route. Failing that Netjets require 1500hrs total so there's another option alongside TAG and LEA etc.

Plenty to choose from anyway, but also bear in mind that if you see out your bond with Flybe (3 yrs) then you may have got a command (as long as you don't mind the more far flung bases) and be on the £50k+ pay scale (Dash). If you have a family you may not want (or your other half may not want you) to trade that for a pay cut flying jets for someone else.
Also worth mentioning that the Bacon chaps have got first dibs on transferring to the 195 as part of the merger terms as I understand it so it may be hard going getting onto the Embraer. Dead man's shoes as it were!

Anyway, good luck. They're a great bunch to work for (largely) with especially good trainers!