PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 31st Jul 2008, 08:38
Spit-Fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are advantages to Integrated courses but can't think of many - PIC time 50hrs less than Modular route for CPL.

From experience and mine is from the Modular side, Integrated would I'm guessing suit someone with the money and who knows themselves well enough to know they couldn't motivate to study at home (but not everyone). Anyone working can pass the ATPL's with hard work put in during the evening - dedication & commitment!

By and large some good points raised by all previous and I tend to agree from what I hear on the inside regarding recruitment (not everyone), which is that airlines are tending to find Modular students have more drive and passion as they have proved they can motivate and are passionate, not just loaded (again, not everyone though).

One thing I would say to anyone about to splash out on training the Integrated route coming from an economist point of view, is research, research, research. We are going into a very difficult period and there are lots of Pilots both past and present with no jobs due to over borrowing and salaries not matching repayments.

The so called 'Doom & Gloom Merchant' phrase is misused and quoted often by the confused. Being a realist is the approach of the better prepared person. Have a dream like I have and work to it with a schedule but ultimately stay in touch with training organisations (plural) and get a general picture of what is happening around you. Speak to as many Pilots as you can who ARE employed and find as much information out as you can.

DO NOT read too much from PPRuNe as you will find most Pilots (working) avoid it like the plague.

Good Luck