PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Paranoia.
Thread: Media Paranoia.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 13:23
Romeo India Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to admire a journo who enters the lion's den with the objective of reporting a valid and factual article. The problem is that so many report without the slightest resemblance to reality, they spin for the reader. I feel saddened when I hear my elderly mother brainwashed by stories of pilots "flighting with the controls" (which she then relays to me verbatim). I would love for her to have some concept of what my work entails, but instead she gets nothing but Bravo Sierra.

If a journalist were to request an interview on certain topics (e.g. regulatory framework, or some such other non specific), then I would be happy to be interviewd provided I could proof read (and would any editor ever allow that?). Alas, for many journos it is simply sufficient to write the proverbial pile of cp.

For those (i suspect the monority) who are genuinely sincere, I feel sorry that your genuine requests are met with hostility. For those who are more typical, you deserve all the comments you get!

Heres a thought for budding journos. Write an actual factual report, then post it on here for comment. It would build your credibility and you may find that we dont bite as hard the next time!