PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce the new CEO of Qantas
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 11:40
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Wooby

Maybe I should clarify my statement.

Joyce was initiatiatially responsible for Jet* only, now he is charged with the responsibility of running BOTH mainline & jet*.

Since his new responsponsibilities now include the wellbeing of Qantas mainline maybe his focus on J* may change? Didn't Dixon state recently that:

a. J* will no longer operate at the expense of mainline
b. Lesiure travel is softening
c. Mainline was the performer

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only logo's I saw during the press conference today had kangaroos all over them.

Fear Campaign, I agree give Joyce a chance. But whilst mainline tech crew out number J* crew at a rate of about 5 to 1 & an oustanding EBA on offer, I know which way the odds are stacked. Joyce couldnt afford to have mainline crew working to rule.

If J* were going to be the real growth vehicle, wouldn't Joyce stay put? As previous posts stated wasnt QF going to be J*'s subsidiary?

Kiwiconehead, Joyce does speak to staff. Remember he told the J* crew he was going to employ foreign crew under 457 visas.

The Hill, Yes, already considered. If J* repaint aircraft into Qantas livery, mainline will be short of a few Fo's.

Jet A_OK. That will surely see the end of them then.