PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce the new CEO of Qantas
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 01:33
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P51D
.........if you think the industry will go back to where it was, with fuel costs and carbon trading etc squarely on the agenda, get out and do something else.......
Spoken like a true management stooge. No-one seriously expects "the industry to go back where it was".

However Qantas will likely be a sh*t place to work under Joyce. He has absolutely zero respect for employees unless they roll over on everything he says and take it right up the clacker in every possible position. He is not interested in safety in the slightest (that info comes direct from an extremely experience flight-safety pilot who once applied for a high-level safety management position there, then withdrew after the conditions and culture permeating down from Joyce became apparent during discussions about the job).

As for me, I don't need the money, so if Joyce destroys Qantas Mainline by shifting it to a LCC model and thinking Australian mums & dads will still take holidays on budget carriers during a slowing economy and difficult economic circumstances, it'll be sad, but won't have a significant effect on me. I have other things I can do.