PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Central Serous Retinopathy
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2008, 01:15
Badgeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eye Problem: Central serous retinopathy (CSR) Dark shadow in center of vision

Sorry to start a separate thread on this, but I was reading the "Vision (Other than color)" thread and it was already 26 pages long and ventured into every imaginable ailment but this one, which could be career ending.

Do you have an area of darkness in the center of your vision?
Is it in just one eye, or both?
Unlike "floaters" does this shadowed area not momentarily disappear when you glance away?
When you close your eyes, is the shadowy area highlighted by a perfect circle of pink or blue "Neon-effect"?
Is it worse in dark conditions?
Does the shadowy area create "walleye vision" (in other words a ballooning effect where it may appear when you are watching TV that Jay Leno has a huge head, but the rest of his body is normal)?

If you answered yes to most of these questions you may have CRS, or Central Serous Retinopathy. It's a problem where fluid has leaked in behind your retinal wall and formed a blister, darkening and distorting your central vision. I have a minor case of this problem and was wondering if anyone else has it. It's only in one eye. If I were to hold an orange in my hand and hold my hand straight out with the orange in it, the area effected covers the size of the orange in my vision.