PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2008, 00:30
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Propjet..........

I don't think that '...most of the correspondents...' have implied that the RR process is easy. What they are implying though is perhaps the annoyance that I expresssed in my previous posts about the huge amount of time and money that's been wasted in getting to the point where we are now at in the RR process, ie., in reality, back where we started!

And there can really only be two reasons for that:
1. the process has been ill-defined and poorly conducted to date, and
2. no-one's actually been in charge of the process as correctly identified by Creampuff!

Your suggestion of adopting the NZ regs (and I presume you also want the Act in there too) is sensible. As I understand it, PNG have adopted the NZ regulations, and they are apparently also intended to be the model regulations for PASO. So, yes, it does seem to make good sense for Australia to 'harmonise' with the aviation regulations other regional countries.

But maybe we are naive in thinking that government would or could contemplate taking such a simple, pragmatic and (what seems to be) sensible solution to the existing debacle and in so doing stop any further unnecessary waste of taxpayers' money?