PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 10:05
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replies

To Exscrbbler.
Even I am amazed at the "neat handwriting " My hand writing was terrible before the war , and after In fact " The moving finger having writ moved on, nor all thy piety or wit could decipher half a word". In fact even I could not decipher my own writing sometimes . On reflection. I think it does show both you and me, how seriously we dealt with the whole matter. After all , I bought the loose leaf book, out of my four shillings and sixpence per day. I also see I have stuck calico rings both sides of each page. Small points, but good indicators of our mood at that time.

Semper in excreta (i) was mainly used by the intelligentsia , us lesser mortals used the expression "up the creek without a paddle"

To Flash 2001.
Nice to hear from Canada.
A terrific achievement .
Ground crew often hit this glass ceiling, when they applied for aircrew training, on the grounds they could not be replaced. Particularly in the case of Halton Brats, although a lot of them did become aircrew after being refused numerous times. The reply was we can always replace aircrew but not aircraft apprentices.

Let go the painter Jack, I'm in the dinghy.