PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2008, 08:19
NinjaDan954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday guys,

Sorry about re-inventing the wheel with my other thread. I hadn't seen this thread before I posted it, so apologies for my guilty case of premature e-threadication.

I'm about to undergo the FSP course in about 5 days. Yes, I'm nervous, but the sheer thought of essentially receiving one-on-one flight tutorials with Australian aviation's best is just a real buzz.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Red Baron flight aerobatics for a one hour session - it ain't cheap (about $450), but I have heard so many people (several had gone through FSP) recommend this, I thought I'd give it a last second dash.

Was just curious about the course:

Do you do PT whilst you are there?
Are you tested in rotary wing (eg gyro's)?

I realise this question is going to sound whimpy, but I'm gonna ask it - are the rooms heated? I have heard that Tamworth is colder than a kiss from my mother in law this time of year Should I take a mini heater/electric blanket? I feel the cold really badly (no body fat) and have pulled out the old thermal undies... (...and sox, and skivvy, and gloves...)

Also, have people been taking their laptops? (only because alot of my research/study notes/documents are on it)...
Or have most candidates found that there is no time other than studying for your flights?

Cheers,

Dan.