PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Troubled waters ahead for Avient ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 12:23
AAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zfwmac, yes I have certainly given it some thought. I have also looked up (researched on the web) the debates in the British Parliament about the company and their role and activities in Zimbabwe and the DRC, observed the futile attempts by European rights groups to place these activities on the agenda, and noticed the observation of SS's presence at certain diplomatic cocktail parties in Harare, and can only come to the conclusion that perhaps it is not prudent to discuss his "protection" on a forum like this.

It is however mind blowing that DAS was banned from the EU (perhaps deservedly) but that Avient still continues to fly unhindered.

Please remember, Avient did not only "partner" the ZAF and the DRC Forces, but before had a long history of association with all kinds of nefarious parties and activities with such as International Air Services/Ducor World Airlines and their dubious activities also.

The more one thinks about this, the more astonishing that they continue to operate and fly freely into the EU, while others had to go and explain at The Hague.

Double standards I would say.