PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 05:35
Mark_86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF Pilot Recruitment

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and i'm using it as an information source to hopefully help me in my quest to one day becoming an Australian Air Force Pilot.My story goes as follows:

I am currently 23 years of age and after spending the last 8-9 years of my life working in a trade,have decided to finally bite the bullet and chase the career path i have always dreamt of.

Over the past 3 years i have returned to school (night school,because i work full-time) in order to obtain the education requirements necessary for entry.In this time i have also began my testing through Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) and finally had my Assessment Day in January (2008) - where i was given the all clear for Flight Screening.

Now this is where my problem begins.

Since then i have rang DFR on many occasions to see how my application is going,only to be told that "it has been sent to the board".
That is all fair and good however,it has been six months now and i have still heard nothing.

I do realise that they have many applicants and i'm not asking for any special treatment,but,i really would like to know what is happening (whether they haven't looked at it yet,i have been placed in the waiting pool,ect...)

I have managed to get in contact with some current Air Force pilots whom all have been exceptionally helpful and they have all told me the same thing - WE NEED PILOTS,KEEP CALLING DFR.Yet, when i call they have said "there is nothing they can do - Just wait to hear from the board".

Is there any way that anyone here knows of, that i can find out where i stand at the moment.

One of my friends has been to the Officer Selection Board for the Army where the Commanding Officer of the Pilot Selection Agency gave him his card and said,"get in contact with him if he has any problems getting to Flight Screening".He has offered his details to me however,i am a bit hesitant to do that (i don't want to get in trouble).

So if there is anyone here that is in my situation,or any Service members who can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mark.