PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Security
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 10:18
Static in the Attic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisbane Security

Security Managers,
I don't particulary want to start a thread here for all & sundry, but rather an explanation - other than "its the rules" - on why I now have to put my watch inside some soft bag I may be carrying. Recently, pre-scanner, along with my ID, metal pen, keys, sunnys etc I dumped said watch into the plastic tray & was told to instead secrete it in some zip pouch of my bag. I saw this as yet more time wasting / hassle (my bag is a mess), and requested just leave it where it was - which is what happened. (Thank you to that particular guard.) Jobs worth at the other end was upset about this, and declared that he would have words with #1 colleague as latest rules forbid this as my watch might get dropped, and if worth $45000 security might get sued.
Gentlemen - is there really some remit to, at all costs, find yet some other way to harrass the public. I am an adult, I accept responsibility for my watch in the tray and verbally said so. Further more it was clearly not expensive. Take this line further & you'll need floor level scanners in case you drop my bag ..whatever. And you'll also need to hold my hand on the airport escalator lest I scratch myself / get hurt. Please, for C****ts sakes bring some common sence into our lives & work hard at cutting down the harrassment instead of the opposite.
OK - rant over, not after Pprune comments but rather a considered & plausible security managers views.