PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to court
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 21:05
twb3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not sure the inital post had all the information. From what I've seen in other souces, the family in question was traveling on frequent flier miles (and thus, in a non-revenue status). The passenger took no action even though his inbound flight was delayed until reaching Atlanta, and then demanded to be boarded after the outbound flight had closed (door still open, but flight closed out).

It wasn't hard to read between the lines an arrogant jerk verbally abusing a gate agent, who properly refused to reopen the flight. I don't know if that's what happened, but it dosen't seem to be in doubt that the party arrived late for boarding the outbound flight at ATL. If this had been me traveling, I would have blamed myself for booking too tight a connection at ATL to catch an international departure, and for not taking action when it became apparent that I wasn't going to make boarding time for my outbound connection.

My guess is that the delay in offering seats for travel to destination had a lot to do with the party's non-revenue status as well, a point not explored in any of the coverage of this matter.

I've see too many passengers lose control of themselves and abuse the help for problems that they created for themselves in the first place. I would actually prefer that the Mr. Roths of the world just stop flying, it might make things a bit more tolerable for the rest of us.