PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £2bn Black Hole
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 08:18
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tucumseh
Personal User Data Terminals (PDAs to you and me, only in technology terms stuck in the mid-90s with no upgrade path). Situational Awareness software run on the PUDT, along with other applications. Oh, and you have to integrate the lot but, as their IPTL once said, we don’t do integration.
I swear by my PDA but then I work in an office. I plug it into my PC USB and it charges. It works for 3 hours or so but not too well in sunlight. It might be hand-held but you need a second hand to operate it.

Oh, and when operating it is is definitely heads down look in. I also need reading glasses to see it, not something that will bother the average squaddie but those more senior . . .

Oh, what happens if you lose it? Or your Panasonic Roughie Toughie laptop. Just imagine the Apache sortie so locate and shoot up the laptop.

Now there is an idea, put GPS homers into the PDAs and Laptops, an mobiles while wer are at it

Oh, forgot, we don't do integration although we are spending exactly £2bn on NEC