PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 15:26
bloodsucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I can deduce from your post, you seem to be more interested in joining RSAF just so you can hop over to SIA after your contract is over. I know of a few people who intend to do this, but I think this is ill-advised.

And let me tell you, getting the 'highest medical class' and scoring 'the highest for the computer test in N years' doesnt count for crap when they assess whether you can fly or not. Neither do they look for super-muggers who can secure straight A's. None of these is required when it comes down to flying skills. You mentioned that you have a PPL, but seriously you think that it makes you superior to the rest? People join SYFC for a hobby, but they enter RSAF for a career.

Even though I'm not a psychologist, like any of those sitting around the interviewers during the air force interview, however, I can very safely deduce that you are a pretty arrogant person. I'll just put it this way; a person who scores straight C's, and just scrapes through the MAPAS test has 10 times more opportunity to fly in the RSAF than you. I'm not trying to flame you or anything, but then I just cant bear it when thread starters like you act like they deserve something more than others just because the others arent as high in IQ as you.

I'd really suggest you change your attitude otherwise NO airline will ever hire you. When it comes down to the real working world, academic results are one thing, attitute towards the job is another. Anyway, why dont you just concentrate on your law course? If you are as bright a spark as u mentioned, no doubt you would do well in your course. There's always other career opportunities for people like you. If you truly still love flying, then you are still armed with your PPL. You can always go flying for leisure. I wish you luck in your future endeavours (other than applying for RSAF).

Last edited by bloodsucker; 1st Jun 2008 at 17:00.